Kolar Kotilengeshwara is situated 75 km east of Bangalore. It has the Kotilengeshwara Shiva Temple situated 6 km from Kolar Gold Fields, that has the worlds tallest Linga(108ft) that attracts a large number of tourists and devotees from all around the world.
Kolar Gold Fields is the second biggest Gold Fields in the world and the most famous attractions in Kolar. The visit to this golden city would be a waste if you don't visit the famous Kolar Gold Fields. Hence, It is worth a visit.
Kolar Someshwara Temple is situated in the heart of Kolar. It has an ancient steep tank known as Kalyani. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. the best time to visit would be the month of December, as the climate is pleasant.
Kolar Kolaramma Temple is dedicated to Goddess Shakti and was built up in Ganga Dynasty. It has a granite stone structure that is 800 years old and is designed in an L-shape sharing two shrines on a single vestibule.
Kolar Antharagange is a popular hill and trekking spot 70 km from Bangalore. There is also a temple known as Sri Kashi Vishweshwara Temple. It also has a natural water pool.
Kolar Baba Hyder Wali Dargah is the Dargah of a Sufi Saint Hazrat Baba Hyder Vali which is believed to be over 700 years old. It attracts both the Muslims as well as the Hindus to get the spiritual blessings of the Saint.
Kolar Chikka Tirupati is a popular attraction of Malur. It has the Lord Venkateshwara Temple, also known as keka Temple that is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- 1Day Trip
- Car/Luxury Car
- Mini Bus
- Bus / Coach
- How to Book
Kolar Gold Fields, or KGF, in Karnataka is a small gold mining town for over a century. Currently defunct, the mines are considered as the second deepest gold mines in the world. Today, KGF is a serene settlement with several attractions for the mining enthusiast, the religiously or historically inclined and the simply curious. The well-planned city, old but beautifully maintained Raj-era structures and salubrious climate of Kolar invites travellers to explore this forgotten nugget of time.
It is located in the Kolar District of Karnataka, close to the city of Bangalore, with its headquarters in Robertsonpet. Due to low level of gold production and increasing costs of operation it was closed down in 2003.
- Weather: 28°C, Wind N at 6 km/h, 58% Humidity
- District: Kolar district
- Population: 1.64 lakhs (2011)
- Township in Karnataka
Distances: Kolar Gold Fields or KGF is located in Bangarpet Taluk of Kolar district in Karnataka state. Kolar Gold Fields is located at a distance of 30 Km from Kolar and 100 Km from Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka.
Discover Kolar Gold Fields
KGF was often referred to as ‘Little England’ by its British residents due to its pleasant weather and charming landscape. Throughout the city beautifully constructed British bungalows, aesthetically laid out streets and well-preserved structures are seen.
Places of Attractions in and around Kolar Gold Fields & Activities:
- Putting on the superb 1885 golf course established for British employees of the gold mines.
- Visit the Kotilingeshwara Temple at Kammasandra. This is a huge tourist attraction for people from all over South India. Its massive Shivling and accompanying Nandi Bull, along with numerous smaller Shivlings, are much revered by locals and are something of a phenomenon for outsiders.
- Kotilingeshwara at Kammasandra: A huge statue of Shiva Linga and Nandi along with around 86 lakh shivalingas have been installed at Kotilingeshwara.
- Avani: Avani is famous for the Sita temple situated on a hill. This temple is one of the few temples dedicated to Sitadevi in India
- Bangaru Tirupati: The ancient temple dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara.
- Local Transport: Auto-rickshaws are the easiest and most affordable way of getting around town. You could also hire a car, or risk one of the state-run or private buses for a more adventurous ride.
- Be careful: Do not venture alone into any abandoned mine or mine shaft. Stay clear of tailing ponds—even though the water looks green and inviting, it is full of cyanide and potentially harmful.
Distance of Kolar Gold Fields (KGF)
Kolar: 30 Km
Bangalore: 100 Km
Mulbagal: 36 Km
Bethamangala: 15 Km
Chintamani: 65 Km
Malur: 46 Km
How to Reach Kolar Gold Fields
There are daily flights that connect you to Bangalore International Airport. From there, you will have to travel by road or rail. By road Kolar Gold Fields is surrounded by Robertson Pet, Kolar, Krishnagiri which are 0.44 km, 16.11 km, 28.38 km away respectively. These places are ideal spots for people to plan their short weekend break.
Where to stay in Kolar Gold Fields
There are no popular hotels available in Kolar Gold Fields.
How to get there:
Nearest Airport: Bangalore International Airport
Nearest Railhead: Kolar Gold Fields
Road: Kolar Gold Fields or KGF is well connected with road network.
Some Interesting facts about Kolar Gold Fields
* The town is situated on the Deccan Plateau of Central as well as South India, in the region of 3000 feet above sea level
* Kolar Gold Fields was the 2nd town in Asia to get electricity after Tokyo, Japan, from Shivanasamudra Hydo electric project in Mandya District.
* Longest passenger rail of the world is "Swarna Express" run from Kolar Gold Fields to Bangalore.
* National Institute of Miners Health had its head office in Kolar Gold Fields
* Silicosis, a type of pneumoconiosis resulted by inhalation of crystalline silica dirt, was first discovered in KGF
Bangalore to Kolar by Car
Kolar by Car is the most preferred means of travel. Enjoy the luxurious travel from Bangalore to Kolar by Luxury Car with affordable price, cars such as Benz E Class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Jaguar XF.
You can travel with our vehicles: Dzire, Etios, Sunny, Honda City, and Toyota Corolla.
Innova for the group of 5 to 7 people. Ample leg room and plenty of comfort.
Innova 6+1, Toyota Innova 7+1, Toyota Fortuner 7+1,
Innova (newest edition) will be Innova Crysta 6+1, Toyota Innova Crysta 7+1 & New Toyota Fortuner.
Bangalore to Kolar by Van
By Tempo Traveller travelling with a group of 8 to 16 max, Siddeshwara Travels offers on Regular Tempo Traveller, 12 Seater A/c Tempo Traveller, 12 Seater Non A/c Tempo Traveller and SML Van 16 Seater Ac / Non Ac.
By Luxury Tempo Traveller for 9+1/10seater Tempo Traveller &Toyota Commuter 9+1most luxurious and comfortable van.
Get best deals on renting luxury tempo traveller with us.
Bangalore to Kolar by Minibus
By Mini Bus: for Companies and for team outing / Family trip with Minibus 21 Seater A/c (2+2), & 21 Seater Non A/c, Minibus 25 Seater A/c (2+2) & 25 Seater Non A/c, Minibus 32 Seater A/c (2+2). This would take approximately 2-3 hours, which is longer than other modes. Rent is offered at a discounted price.
By Mini Bus Luxurious travel we have luxury 20 Seater A/c (2+1) & A/c Luxury Coach 24+2 Seater (2+1).
Bangalore to Kolar by Bus
By Bus: Siddeshwara Travels provide bus facility for corporate functions, get-togethers, team outings and other social events with economical 49 Seater Ac & 50 Seater Non Ac (3+2) Buses. we have A/c Coach 35+2 Seater (2+2) & A/c Coach 40+2 Seater (2+2).
By Volvo & Benz buses for comfortable journey along with safety, we provide A/c 45 Seater (2+2) BENZ Bus & A/c Luxury Coach,vA/c Volvo 45 Seater (2+2).
By Volvo & Benz would reach earlier than the other buses.
- No one reated yet! Be the first to Write a Review/Comment.